Monday, July 26, 2010

Inspiration Monday

Encouragement for Monday: Ephesians 4:28
"[She] who has been stealing must steal no longer, but work, doing something useful with [her] hands, that [she] may have something to share with those in need."

So, stop stealing. Tee hee...o-kay, that's not the encouraging message for today, I admit it :)! This verse was talked about at church two weeks ago, and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. So here IS the encouragement: whatever your work is (and we all have Thirty-One in common right now), what is your motivation for working hard? All of our usual ambitions (taking care of our family, paying off debt, providing "extras" like vacations) are all very good reasons. But I love the way this verse reminds us that our TRUE motivation for working hard is that we might have something to share with those in need.

This has been challenging me. My plan is to pay off debt through Thirty-One and earn some other rewards along the way. What if I started looking for ways, even small ways, that my hard work could benefit those in need? What if that became the driving force behind my work?

What are your thoughts? Do you have any ideas about how to give to those in need through your Thirty-One income?

And, I suppose, if you are stealing, you should definitely cut that out, too ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment